Register Online Student Login Call 6384 700 700



What is the meaning of former Soviet Russia or Ex-Soviet Russia?

The soviet Union, officially the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics abbreviated to USSR, disintegrated in to several countries in December 1991.These countries are called Ex-Soviet Russia or former Soviet Russia.The largest of this group of countries is the Russian Federation folllowed by Ukriane, Kyrgyzstan and others.

Why should I study in former Soviet Russia?

The standard of higher education in former Soviet Russia i.e. Russia, Kyrgyzstan & Ukraine are considered to be one of the most advanced and sophisticated in the world. The degrees have received global recognition and have topped World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) rankings.


What would be the services offered by NISSION and have to be paid for?

NISSION exclusively details the services that are offered, which are directly associated to the basic admission process of the student. These are detailed in the schedule of charges payable to NISSION. Any of the services which are not included in the schedule of the services provided have to be paid for by the student.


What would be the advantage in applying to a former Soviet Russian Medical University through NISSION?

Nission Educational Consultants Pvt. Ltd (NISSION) is a registered limited company incorporated in 2005 under the Companies act 1956 (Reg. No: U74210TN2005PTC057942) and “NISSION” ® is a registered trademark with the ministry of commerce, Govt. of India, for promoting the Medical Education in former Soviet Russia and has been servicing the Indian student community from the year 1999.

The parent is assured of a high quality and a professional organization having integrity and vast experience rather than a fly-by-night operator trying to offer the same services, may be at a discounted cost. The number of students who have already been enrolled through NISSION and successfully studying/completed their studies serve as a testimony of the professional services offered by NISSION.

NISSION has close ties with the former Soviet Russian Universities and the founder members of NISSION have themselves completed the medical education in Russia. NISSION also guides its students to appear for the medical qualifying exams in India, Middle east, USA, UK and other countries after completion of the course.


Are the medical degrees from former Soviet Russian Universities recognized by the mci?

YES. All foreign medical Universities listed in the WHO “Directory of world medical schools” are globally recognized including the Medical Council of India, European Medical Council, General Medical Council UK, American Medical Association USA and so on.

As per the amendment to the Indian Medical Act, 1956, any Indian student intending to study medicine in any medical college anywhere in the world for a graduate medical course, After the successful completion of the course, the student is expected to appear for a screening test conducted by the National Board of Examination as required by the Medical Council of India prior to the registration with the Medical Council of India. More details could be obtained from the Medical Council of India either from their office in New Delhi or from their official website. Latest developments in MCI confirms “Screening test” renamed as ‘NEET-PG’ mandatory for graduates from Indian Medical institutions as well as foreign graduates.

Not all foreign Post Graduate courses are recognized by the Medical Council of India. This would mean that you would be unable to neither work as a specialist in a government hospital nor teach the specialization learnt. You would however, have your own private practice or work in a private hospital.


Would the student have to give any entrance examination prior to joining the University in former Soviet Russia?

Unlike the other countries, there are no pre-qualifying examinations like CET, TOEFL, IELTS, etc for admission to the Universities. The admissions are based on the 12th standard marks for the Graduate courses and as per the equivalency of the Indian graduate degree with the Russian degrees for the Post Graduate courses. All admissions are strictly on a first come first served basis. But a basic knowledge of English is must if a student opts to join a medical course in ENGLISH medium.


What if the classes are conducted in Russian? I don't even speak Russian!

If the medium of instruction for your intended course is Russian, you will receive an academic year-long Preparatory course conducted in Russian before you begin your actual University studies. This course teaches you Russian in more detail and also covers the pre-requisite subjects that you need to know to begin your Medical studies.


What if the classes are conducted in English? Do I need to be proficient in Russian?

For the medical studies, the first three years consist of pre-clinical training and is more lectures oriented. The preclinical subjects are taught completely in the English language. However, there are Russian language classes as a part of the curriculum from the first year itself. This is necessary since from the fourth year the students would start his clinical subjects, which would require him / her to attend the clinics and hospitals as part of his training and would have to interact with the local patients and hence would require knowing the local language. Students are therefore required to be proficient in the Russian language so that they are able to gain the most out of their Medical education in Russia /Kyrgyzstan/Ukraine. Also the knowledge of the local language is an added asset for the student to interact with the local population.


Are there any scholarships or grants given to foreign students? 

The education in former Soviet Russia is highly subsidized by the Government. Therefore there are no separate scholarships or grants available from individual Universities. Few Universities may offer scholarships from second year of study based on the results of the first year medical course. Alternatively, Educational bank loans for studies are now available around 20 lakhs from all nationalized, co-operative and the private sector banks. These loans are available at very low interest and are generally repaid in easy instalments, one year after the completion of the educational period. 


Can NISSION help the students with the bank loans? 

NISSION could guide the student/parent with regards to the bank loans available and also guide the students about the loan formalities. NISSION could also support the student with all the documents that he / she would require from the University. However, the student/parent would have to fulfil the eligibility regarding the issuance of the bank loan and the responsibility of securing the loan would remain with the student/parent. 


How do I apply for my passport? 

The procedure and complexity is different for each state in India. Generally, for obtaining a passport, you need  to apply to your local passport office in an application fo rm available at the passport office/Collector/SP office or Online. It would however, be an easier process for the student to apply through a travel agent since he is well aware of the process. The process normally takes around 6 to 8 weeks for the issuance of the passport after the date of application and the passport is directly sent to your address. However, it is known that the issuance of passport make take a longer time, which may result in a delay in proceeding abroad or even the cancellation of your admission. Therefore, you should take all precautions and plan accordingly. There is also a facility to have your passport issued on a “Tatkaal” basis upon submission of your ‘letter of admission’ from the University.We highly recommend you to apply for a TATKAAL passport which should take only 7 working days for issuance after submission of documents. 


When would the student need to pay his/her tuition fees? How and where should they pay it? 

Students may choose to pay their tuition fees in US Dollars CASH, directly to the Medical University within three days of the students arriving in Russia/Kyrgyzstan/ Ukraine. But, to avoid carrying large sums of money students may choose to pay their fees through us (via bank-draft), and we will then transmit the fees to the University. (Service offered for first year fee remittance only) 

Where can I obtain foreign exchange for my studies in ex-soviet Russia and do I need to obtain permission from the reserve bank of India (RBI) for the same?

We will assist to have your foreign exchange issued through RBI authorized foreign exchange dealers

How much money would a student require to stay in former soviet Russia? 

Generally, a student could stay quite comfortably requiring around US$ 50 – US$ 200 per month for food, communication, travel and leisure. This figure is approximate and would differ from city to city; person to person based on his / her spending habits.

What is the best way for the parents to send money to their child for their living expenses?

Students can withdraw money through ATM machines in former soviet Russia if they have a savings account in India which has a Global ATM card that is on the VISA ELECTRON, CIRRUS, MAESTRO or PLUS network. Cash cards issued by foreign exchange dealers like Thomas Cook could also well serve the purpose of sending money abroad. Money deposited in the saving account/cash passport account in India will be available for withdrawal the next working day. Depending on the ATM machine, US dollars or Russian rubles or Ukrainian hryvnias can be withdrawn. There will be a transaction fee associated with each withdrawal. You are advised to check this with your bank. Spending pattern could be very well monitored online by this way of transaction and will be useful for the student to maintain a safe monthly budget.


Does the student have to be present personally for an interview at the embassy/consulate for the issuance of the visa? 


How do i make travel arrangements?

NEC as part of their services assists the students to make their travel arrangements like rail and air ticket, Emigration clearance in India and Immigration clearance at the port of arrival in Russia or Kyrgyzstan or Ukraine. 

Will I be accompanied on my trip to enroll at university for the first time?

First time students going to Russia / Ukraine are required to travel with us in a group with other students. As part of our exclusive services, Students will be accompanied, escorted by NEC representatives wherever possible and met at the Airport and brought to the University to register and to check-in to student hostels. 

What if I want to go home or travel out of former soviet Russia during my studies?

When you know your travel dates out of the country, you MUST apply with the University for what is termed as an “Exit-Re-Entry” visa, which allows you to leave and return again without giving up your student visa. 

Can my parents or family visit me while I study in former soviet Russia?

Of course, they can! However, the University you are currently studying at and the government is not responsible for the travel expenses or arranging accommodation for your family. 

Students must apply to the University for an Invitation letter for your family. With this letter, your family then can apply for a visa for entry at the local former Soviet Russian Embassy or Consulate. Please allow between 4-8 weeks for the visa application process 



Is medical treatment available in the Universities?

All students who join any University are required to take a medical insurance each year from a Insurance Company to cover them for any medical assistance that they may require. This insurance would have to be taken at the time of joining the University in former Soviet Russia. NISSION will assist you in this process. Once insured you will be first subjected to a full body master health check-up and subsequently will be eligible for free unlimited treatment from the University hospitals in case of illness or hospitalization including ambulance services.


Is former Soviet Russia a safe country to live and study?

Yes. Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine being the most stable of the former states of Soviet Russia are the safest countries to visit, live, study and settle when compared to other states of the former Soviet Russia. Every year, not only large number of young boys but an equal number of girls choose to study in Russian/Kyrgyzstan/Ukrainian Universities.

Western and central parts of Ukraine are very calm and peaceful for students wishing to study in Ukraine. No need to worry about 2014 unrest in eastern Ukraine as there is a peace treaty in force for the past one year. Currently there are more than 50000 Indian students studying in Russia, Ukraine and Kyrgyzstan.

The students' hostels are adequately staffed by armed security personnel to guard and monitor the entry-exit activity 24 hours a day.

Moreover, the local police called the 'Militia' patrol the streets day and night watching and keeping the crime off local citizens and foreigners.


Where will I live?

The University you choose to go to will provide comfortable basic student accommodation with common kitchen facilities. All hostels are supplied with cold and hot water and central heating system. Each room contains beds, a desk, chairs, storage space. The rooms are usually for 2 or 3 or 4 persons depending on size. The cost is included in the yearly hostel fee that is paid to the University. Some Universities offer premium hostel facilities on extra charge as per class. Student hostel will provide you an exciting opportunity to learn more about soviet culture and student's cultures from other countries.

For those who prefer to live out of university, private apartments are available, but students will have to rent them on their own.

Where will I eat?

Students can dine at low-priced cafeterias which are located in the University. Alternatively, there are cafes, restaurants and fast food chains (McDonald, KFC, Pizza Hut.etc) in the cities where you can dine. Some Universities offer in campus North and South Indian Mess facility where one can get delicious Veg and Non-Veg meal twice every day for a nominal charge of 100US$ /month onwards.

Student hostels usually provide shared kitchen facilities with electric or gas ovens for those who prefer to cook their meals. There are many supermarkets and stores where you can purchase food materials required to cook all Indian dishes. Shared cooking among the international students is also a popular activity since it is cheaper to do self-cooking and eat.

What is student life like in former Soviet Russia?

It is not all hard work when studying Abroad. Learning is not just confined to the classroom. There is a wide range of cultural activities to check out. Universities can arrange trips which provide an insight into the culture, history and geography of former Soviet Russia. There are also museums and galleries to explore.

Students enjoy a wide selection of extracurricular activities that may include drama productions, horse riding, pilot lessons and sports. There are also concerts, parties and camping trips that are organized by the student unions. With most Universities located in communities, many social and recreational activities and facilities are available to students, these include opera houses, ballets, and plays. There are also numerous yearly traditional and cultural events to look forward to.


What about foodstuffs and toiletries? Should I bring them with me?

You may be better off taking a few extra dollars with you as you can buy practically every kind of food and toiletry in here. It is recommended, however, that you bring something just for the first few days. For your peace of mind, just before your travel date, NEC will give you a comprehensive list of things to buy in India to take them along with you during your first trip to the former Soviet Russian countries.


Are student hostels in or near the campus? if no, how do I travel to classes?

For some institutions, the hostel is walking distance to the campus, but for others, some travelling is required. The normal mode of transportation for students is by bus, trolley bus, tramway, and METRO subway (underground trains). The former Soviet Russian states have an efficient and extensive public transportation system. Buses and underground trains are reasonably priced and easily accessible.


It is known that Russia / is a very cold country, how are the students protected from the cold?

Even though Russia and its ex-soviet neighbours are cold countries, severe winters would last for 2-3 months in a year. All the establishments like homes, hostels, classrooms, shops etc. as well as the public transports are centrally heated. Students are also advised to buy reasonably priced water and room heaters should they find the heating arrangements to be inadequate. Every student should also take care of wearing warm clothes like fur coats, caps, gloves etc when they go out doors. At other times the weather in Russia/Kyrgyzstan/Ukraine is not as cold as it its made out to be with temperature between +20 degrees and much warmer in southern parts of Russia and Kyrgyzstan in cities like Crimea and Jalalabad.


May I practice my religion in former Soviet Russia?

Yes, you can. All Russia/Kyrgyzstan/Ukraine are home to over 100 nationalities and ethnic groups, as well as different religions. The Moscow and Kiev Orthodox Church is the largest religious group while Islam is the least practiced.


Can a student earn while he studies?

A student enters into the former Soviet Russian countries on an invitation, which is issued by the University, which is an educational institution. This invitation and the subsequent visa issued is a “Student visa”. Therefore, the student is not legally allowed to take on any employment nor could do a business activity. Any violation may result in expulsion from the University and subsequent deportation from the country. NISSION on its part advises students to concentrate on study, the main reason of going to Russia or Kyrgyzstan or Ukraine and refrain from any money making activities.


How do I contact my parents or friends?

Russia/Kyrgyzstan/Ukraine seem a long way from home, but, thanks to its excellent communication services, you will find it easy to keep in touch with your family and friends. With the growing number and variety of telephone and other communication services, you will have no trouble staying in close contact with your family and friends.


WhatsApp, E-mail, SKYPE meeting via WIFI high-speed broadband internet in the University and Hostel at a subsidized fee has brought the students and their family much closer than ever.

Telephone Services

Public telephones, Prepaid card, international telephone services at the post offices and Mobile phones, internet & WhatsApp calling are widely used in Russia/Kyrgyzstan/Ukraine and can be particularly convenient for the students. Students are advised to carry with them a reasonably priced GSM mobile phone along with them abroad and use a pre-paid card for communicating. The mobile phone also can be used by the student to receive incoming calls from parents and also for sending international SMS back home including WhatsApp messages and calls.


Can a student come back to India during his vacations?

A student can come back to India every year during his winter/summer vacations. Alternatively, he could either stay back in or travel to a third country. He should however inform the University accordingly for obtaining suitable visa for travel.